Saturday

Phenji - Mietoto

(A Time Capsule Letter to my Dearest Friend)

Hey, I have wrote about you a few times in Your One Sweet Bestfriend and The Value of Gifts. I would be very glad if you could check them out first before reading this entry.

From the last time I wrote about you, your current nickname is Toto. Sometimes I called you Totoyo. From Merito to Mieto to Mietoto to Toto and Totoyo real fast. You are used to be called Miss Grumpy too. Most of my insta stories are about you, being grumpy af.

From a person who will say 'sorry' when I said 'shit' and rephrase it with the 'S-word', I can say '**** Y**' without hesitation now (let's not take that as an achievement unlocked). From someone who care so much about what people think of me, I grow to not give an F. My point is, it must be weird to see such changes in me but then again, bila je aku tak pelik?

I became extra clingy with you lately because I started to realize how little time is left before we will go our different ways. We will meet again, obviously, but it might not be the same. New life, new place, new responsibility, new commitment, new people. But I promise you will always be one of my favourites. So bear with my clingy-ness a bit more. Bear with my weirdness, clumsiness, annoying-ness, retard-ness (they are some obvious made-up words there but whatever). The thing is, I'm gonna miss this moments.

We fight a lot though. Most of it because of me, being annoying but disturbing you, is a real hobby. I told you I can start a part-time job as your annoyer(made up word again). I love to stay on the right side of your bed. Love to rephrase your sentence with annoying voice. Love to pull your hair (bully alert), poke your cheek and make you mad. Must be a real torture right, Toto. We are very different yet we managed to stay together through out the semesters. I'm writing this in semester 5. Three semesters to go and I'm not sure what will happen to us. But I really hope to survive this 4 years with you. You are more than just a sister, Shargu. You are my all-types sibling. You can be a sister, a younger sister, a sibling I fight a lot and a sibling I shared most.

Ah, I called you Shargu. Because we used to sing Baby-Shark together and we started to call each other Sharkie. But we end up with individual names instead. You are a Shargu. I am a Sharbie.

Thank you for lending your stocking that one time in Dr Farah's class. Thank you for hugging me whenever I break down and need one. Thank you for listening. For always there behind my back. For pushing me to be better. I'm always thankful that HE send you here, Mieto. I rarely tell you that I'm very proud to have a friend like you, but I do. I really do. I looks up on you so much.

I might have forget about this letter once it arrived. I'm not sure if I'm still there in your life. I wish I am. If I do, then its your responsibility to remind me to this embarasing thing.

Love,
Sharbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have nothing GOOD to say, say nothing. *flying-kiss*