Monday

Open Letter to My Golden Hearted Senior.

This is a memory. It will be long. I've told you in advance. Read at your own risk.

During my orientation day back in 2015, I was alone. Because I'm the only student from my high school in this IPTA. My housemates? They got friends from their school. So they barely home. I dont know my coursemates yet at the moment. Actually I know a few back from our interview days but they are in different college (hostel). So I thought, everyone have someone to go to. I have none. So I stayed in my room. It was so lifeless. Morning to evening, orientation. Night, alone in my room. Luckily, I'm good in talking-with-stranger-for-the-first-time. So I'm not that 'alone' during orientation. But I'm literally alone when its done. Different from other people, I cant wait for the day so I can join the orientation again. It was tiring but at least I have people to talk to.

The thing about talking to stranger, they dont last like a friend. Imagined knowing variety of different people within a week. Different people each day. If I meet someone, I will talk to them and shamelessly said "Hey, can I join?". I have this friendly easy to mingle vibe you see. I still wave at them whenever we meet these days and some of them still remember me as the-girl-during-orientation-day. I remember them as that too actually. I forgot the name because it was just for a day. But I memorized them faces very well. 

I forgot how many days were the orientation days but a day before it end, I was sick. I was so sick I nearly fainted on the bus. Because I didnt eat that morning. I dont have appetite and the weather is "VERY HELPING". It was so hot outside and very cold in the bus and soon when I went out from the bus, striking hot again on my head. That very same effing day, we have to walk from the main hall to this Dewan Kuliah which is super far (by walking). You have to cross a football field you know. maybe bigger than football field since I used to see boys playing football on the left side of the field and people practicing rugby on the right.

I was sick and I havent make friend yet that day, I have no one to turn to. I dont know to whom should I tell about my condition that I dont have the energy to join orientation today. I met one of my coursemates and she told me to inform the facilitator (faci). You know, the struggle is real okay. I call them but no one heard me. I was too weak. Probably my voice cant be heard too. I didnt eat, the weather is too much, I just come back from that far away land (DKP). And I was half-blind at the moment. This dark dots starting appear in front of my eyes. So I cant walk to them asking for help. My friend called them for me but they were too busy to see because they have the stage to attend. Maybe because they were in charge of the stage. So they wont bother about anything else. They dont even listen, okay. They just said "later.. later.." What later? Someone is dying here. Well, actually I didnt blame them on that. If I died, it was my fault actually. Who told me not to eat. Its not your home which you can go eat anytime you want. They provide everything already. So it was MY FAULT. Fully. But obviously I wanted to be save yeknow. I want someone to notice and do something. It was hurt. It hurt so much, my head ache. I feel my body was so weak I can fall anytime.

At that moment, there is a faci walk by me. She didnt noticed me either but I grab her hand (it happened that I sit far left, so I turn around a few time to see if there is anyone and a faci is coming. So I didnt say anything, just grab her hand). She didnt say "later.. later.." though I think it obvious she was walking to the front for a reason (I dont know what). She said "Are you sick? Can you walk with me to the back?". She hold me and brings me to the back hall where other faci(s) gathered. First thing she asked "Do you have fever?" I said I'm not sure. She asked if I've eat? She wanted to give me a panadol. I said I've take a panadol (my coursemate gave me earlier) but I havent eat yet. She smiles and said "You cant take panadol without eating. (panadol takkan react apa entah. Tak ingat. It something like, panadol cuma berkesan if you take it after you eat something). So she hand me a bread (roti gardinier 80sen tu) from her pocket. Told me to eat. She called her friends (under kebajikan or ubat2 ni semua) a chinese guy, wearing spec. He was nice too but I dont know him. I heard he know things yang guna jarum2 tu, orang panggil apatah. acupuncture? Idk lah. But when this guy was asking me this and that about my condition, I heard someone asked that faci who help me earlier. "Hey, have you eat?" and she said no. She said NO. She gave me her bread when she dont even eat yet. She gave me HER bread because I need it more. I feel bad though. Then she went to the front again. I was left at the back with this ajk kebajikan and few other faci(s).

I was touched by her first kindness handing me her bread when she havent ate. I thought that was her only kindness I will remember. Her task sending me to the back is over. But then she comes again with a mineral water and asked "do you have mineral?" I shake my head, no. She open the mineral for me and hand it over. I dont think it was her job to look after me. Coz I THINK she was under AJK Makanan (im not sure, I'm still guessing). It was very kind of her to come and check on me. It was nice and I did feel good. You know in a place where you are alone, no friends to turn to, was sick and want your family but you obviously cant, there is someone nice out of nowhere be there for you. Though it might be their responsibility to take care of the students, I still see her as a nice faci compare to the "later.. later..." faci(s). I remember her face because I want to remind myself, you owed her kindness. Someday if she is sick or in trouble, do help without hesitate. Because for a brief moment, she succeed in making me feel home.

Soon after orientation, I found out that she is my course senior. I know her name and her sem. She is a great individual. I may sound like a stalker but I'm not. I just eventually find out because she is one of the upper people in my course. I mean, she held a position in my course management. It was fun to know. I want to be a nice person like her. My friends work with her and they said she is very nice which I already acknowledge since orientation day.

I hope she get all the good things the world can offer for all those small little thing she did which most people didnt noticed. 

Keep doing good. You dont know which heart you touch with that kindness. You dont know whose world you changed with that kindness. Keep doing good. Keep doing good.

Sayonara!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have nothing GOOD to say, say nothing. *flying-kiss*